Sunday, February 24, 2008

Speechless...




Thank you generous Bronwyn, of FashionAbility, for giving a blogger newbie such a terrific thrill!

When I started this blog recently, I could not have imagined a) the amount of creative energy and contentment it would inspire in me and b) the awesome community of like-minded bloggers I'd have a chance to connect with. For this alone, I would be incredibly grateful - but here it's just got better...
S0, here are the participation rules:

1. If you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.
(Oh, I'm so about the proud display!)

And apparently, I - and those I tag - have to answer the following:

What is the story behind the name of your blog and nickname?

My husband is one of those people who can come up with a perfect (fake) name for anything i.e. a fictitious pet store, new product etc. I must have run 100 choices by him before he said "Why not k-line? It's got the first letter of your first name and it's a straightforward fashion reference." Seemed good to me. My nickname is the same as my blog name to keep it simple...

What has been your best or worst blogging experience?

I have so many little best experiences each week with this blog. On a macro-level, I'd have to say the best thing is being motivated to write and share my love of fashion. On a micro-level, it was pretty exciting for me when I got linked to for the first time by, Lady of Lacquer, a blog I really respect. Oh, and having the chance to comment on the great ideas of others - and to receive comments on my own posts - is a recurrent best.

What do you want to happen to your blog in 2008?

If only Bronwyn hadn't taken world domination, this would be a no-brainer! :-) What I'd love is to increase my readership as a way to enjoy more meaningful communication with bloggers around the globe. I'd also love it if the blog inspired some planner at L'Oreal Fashion Week in TO to get me a couple of tickets to a show :-)

Blogs that Inspire Me to Think (Who May Well Have Been Tagged Already):

Agathe at Style Bytes makes me think about the act of dressing in a totally new (theatrical/young/foreign) way.

Riz at Mode et Utopie is, like, the thinkiest person ever.

WendyB deserves this simply for her knowledge of British history - never mind her business acumen and gorgeous design!

Suzanna Mars at Style Sauvage helps me to contextualize the collections, along with Riz.

Stopping at 5 is going to be seriously tough but I'll finish with Dreamecho, a woman who brings her personal philosophy to her style.

8 comments:

  1. oh! it's an honor to make it into your top five...to be among such illustrious bloggers! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Thank you, I am honored. Your blog has such a warm vibe to it, it's a pleasure to visit. I respect and admire all of these blogs, so thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreamecho and Riz: I'm so grateful to you both for providing super posts that motivate me to think and approach my own style in innovative ways. The pleasure is all mine and I'm thrilled that you enjoy my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled across your blog as I read WendyB's and I must say that although I have not worked in the City of London this past 7 years, when I did K Line was a Japanese Shipping Company. I know this is a bit of useless info, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. IWALL: Interesting to know. I hope they were reputable:-) Thanks for checking out my blog. K

    ReplyDelete