Tuesday, February 5, 2008

So Pretty...

My grandfather, Sicilian-born, was a jeweller in New York for many years. As a testimony to his talent, I have some fabulous things in my jewellery box, among them: a braided gold ring with a dusty-speck of diamond (gift I got for Xmas at the age of 12 which I have never taken off since - seriously), cameos, a terrific charm bracelet - with intricate working charms - that my mother has locked up in the safe-deposit box (I so need to get that back), and the list goes on. I admit, I went through a dry spell of extreme minimalism - it's called early parenthood - during which the jewels were all but banished from my wardrobe. Having said this, my early intro into the world of baubles fostered in me a love that has recently re-emerged with a vengeance.

So imagine my delight, while speaking with E, a very stylish workmate and new friend-in-fashion, at discovering that she too has recently started a blog (http://miiinjewelry.blogspot.com/) - and that its subject is beautiful trinkets which she crafts by hand! Behold these lovely earrings:

The things you learn when chatting over coffee on a Wednesday afternoon...

Please stay tuned for more about my latest jewellery fetish - metal snakes from Spain - imported by my great friend Sandra.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I'm blushing.
    Thanks for putting it up!

    e

    ReplyDelete