Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Everybody's Got an Opinion...

My mother called me a few days ago to give me her latest feedback on the blog (mainly positive 'cuz she is my mother, after all). However, she does take umbrage at my assertion (really just a firm suggestion) that ladies should match their undies to their bras. Apparently, this strategy can be limiting on the personal creativity front. Also, ma mere rightly points out that it costs a living fortune just to buy a gorgeous and well-constructed bra, never mind the extra "fancy dinner out" sum for 8 square inches of fabric sewn with lace.

Effectively, my advice is classist and vaguely insensitive.

So let me say this: You don't need to go crazy matchy-matchy with the top and bottom, but you should at very least match in tone. If you're going to mix cherry red velvet with burnt orange cotton you'd better have one kick-ass body, is all I'm saying.

7 comments:

  1. (I'm in the midst of reorganizing my lingerie and getting lots of new pieces)...Hey thanks for commenting on my blog! I really appreciate your comments; as for me, I have to admire you for remaining faithful to such an aesthetic as I am only now accepting it and making it my own...I hope you visit often, i could use more insightful comments like you. btw, your profile/philosophy is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That header is such a cute picture. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riz: Love your blog and enjoy reading it daily. Thanks so much for your lovely comment.

    Ladybird: That pic is my daughter (when she was 4) at ballet. Thanks for noticing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. commenting on pic of m as well as matching undergarments...I am so glad we have documentation of the cutest haircut I think she has ever had. Too bad it was so traumatic for her. Matching undergarments are lovely, maybe one day I will get it together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marth - That was a good look for M. Too bad she won't let anyone touch her hair now...

    Matching the undies sounds daunting, but is v easy. Let's chat about it over dinner next week! K

    ReplyDelete
  6. neither my first nor second comments got there. What am I doing wrong?
    Nana H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nan: Not sure, sorry. I know that I can't post comments from work (there's software that prevents me from doing this, I think) so it could be the computer or environment you were in. Happily, this one worked. K

    ReplyDelete