Tuesday, February 26, 2008

If You Have $275-odd Sitting Around...




...You should really take 5 minutes and surf this site: Donna Marquit Lingerie.

For a girl who thinks she knows everything (about underwear), can't say this brand has been on my radar until now. Methinks it's very NYC / Patricia Field circa Sex and the City.

If your assets are a pert mini to moderate, have fun getting with your inner leopard, neon sign or dominatrix. (I've never actually seen this brand up close, but the models are not buxom and the cut seems best suited to smaller breasts.)

Note to readers who think spending $175.00 on a vinyl bra is absurd: The vinyl bra costs $175.00. (And the panties are $85.00?!)

8 comments:

  1. That first set reminds me of the old Lily of France "Glossies" that I coveted so badly back in the late seventies, when my mother was still buying me child's underwear from the Bargain Center, plain white.

    I can see Kim Cattrall in that pleather get-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanna: The first one is definitely my fave. What I like about this iteration of leopard (which let's face it, could easily get totally trashy in underwear) is that it's almost sexy prim. You are right about the latex set - it's got Kim Cattrall written all over it. K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe it's Deborah :-)
    She's been around forever. Every decade or so, she has a moment. I had a neon pink bra and panty set by her almost 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WendyB - I suppose that would have been when you were 12?! :-) I can't believe that the brand has been around for that long and I've never heard of it. I'm a bit out of the loop, non?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember living in Montreal when I had a mini fetish for silk bra and tap pant sets.

    And K-Line, if you don't mind being a muse, I think I'll dig into my photo file tomorrow and do a small, but lacy piece on lingerie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you kidding Miss C - I love everything about posts on lingerie. And I'd love to hear more about your time in Mtl. I would love to live there - seriously. Do you speak French fluently? Did you go to McGill? Can't wait to read your post! K

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that the sizes are small, for ONCE. Hooray. I don't like that the prices are large. Boooo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Montreal was lovely--an adventure year working for a designer while I took a year off from university (in Ottawa). Given the nature of my work, my French was best when speaking about fashion! But I could order a croissant with the best . . .

    ReplyDelete