Tuesday, March 4, 2008

But there's more...

Last week saw the purchase of a few great wardrobe essentials which manage, I hope, to turn basic on its edge slightly.

In addition to that Yaya maxi-sweater, I also found this merino/cashmere blend fitted, cropped turtleneck in a slate-y jewel-toned blue. Paired with new, spring shoes (some nondescript brand I've never heard of and can't remember the name of) - which were on sale for $40.00 - I hope I've got a youthful, but luxe, thing happening here. The sweater (Karoo by Mark Eisen)was $300.00 on sale for $79.00. Oh, and those are the H & M wide jeans I was going on about a couple of weeks ago...



12 comments:

  1. Yes, you've got it going on. Those bell sleeves are really nice. Cool shoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever did you decide to do about shoes with your olive dress?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the pants and they look adorable with your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sweater colour is so lovely on you and it's a great shape too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool sweater , jeans, and shoes. And the glasses rock the look too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enc: Glad you like the shoes. They're very "different" for me. I'm not at my most creative with the shoes which is why I haven't really done anything more on the olive dress situation. Of course I will, as the weather warrants it. I think I'm going to go with either chunky strappy (which I think was Miss C's suggestion?) or muted red wedgish thing.

    Miss White, WendyB, Miss C and Nadine: Thanks for the positive comments. I've never seen a turtleneck with that cropped shape and bell sleeves before (you know I'm nuts about the bell) so it was like kismet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love wearing wacky shoes with otherwise calm clothing. Try it, you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet $300 to $79! That has me dancing all around. I love incredible deals like that.

    (Incidentally i still haven't bought that skirt yet. Going to DC this weekend so I might.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm loving the trumpet sleeves.

    a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I love the shape of the sweater sleeves - and the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kitten and Bronwyn: Thanks for your positive commentary on the sweater sleeves. I love them too. And Kitten - trumpet sleeve is just the term. I couldn't think of that when I was writing this post.

    Riz: I know. Isn't it a genius discount? I so love a deal it's like a sickness.

    ReplyDelete