Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Shoe 2: The Practical One


This one is from 9West ($100.00). Wearing these is absolutely comfortable (and hopefully not too hideous-sensible). I'm imagining them with my summer mini skirts and dresses and bare legs. A cute look for walking to work, whereupon I'll change into something else. I mean, they're not going to work with everything, but they're cuter than runners (that velcro strap is patent baby blue) and they are leather. In pic 2, I've shown them with those American Apparel above-the-knee socks (mid thigh) because I think the textures are interesting together.

I wasn't specifically looking for a walking shoe, but was pleasantly surprised to see the wide range of options at 9West. I can't tell you how hard it was to choose between these and a pair of acid meets sunshine yellow flats. They were cooler - and really did justice to the new neon accessory trend. And they totally would have acted as a neutral in my wardrobe. Alas, they just weren't quite as comfortable, and when all is said and done, that's what this shoe is about.

8 comments:

  1. They're cool. I love the idea of wearing them with minis: they're maryjanes, so they're not really "trainers," but they're trainers, so they're not really "shoes."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bf really wants me to get a pair of athletic looking flats like this. I'm just a ballerina flat kind of girl.

    Oh and just so you know how much of a bargaineer I am: speaking of flats, 3 mos. ago, i found a pair of costume national flats for (drum roll please).........

    $21.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for not walking to work in big white sneakers like 80% of the women on my train to Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these. The colos are unexpected and the design is cute without being too typically mary-jane. Nice buy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enc: Glad you like them. I agree that they walk the line between athletic wear and cute shoes.

    Riz: You must get a pair if the bf is buying :-) They come in diff strap colours - I almost went with the tangerine... That bargaineering is impressive, I'll give you that, but in a bargain-off, I still think I'd win! One day, if you visit TO again, we can put it to a competition...

    I Heart: Happy not to make the world an uglier place. I don't know what those women are thinking - and they're not even walking 5 miles.

    Ambika: Thanks! As I mentioned to Riz, they do come in other (strap) colours too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they're cool too! I use to travel a lot with my family when I was younger in the summers so I can totally appreciate an all around versatile shoe. If you can walk all day with it and slip it on with a dress for the evening, it's a very good buy in my book. And I agree with iheartfashion. . . when I see ladies in DC with sneakers and stockings, I shed a tear for them. . . it doesn't have to be that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are very cute, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Bronwyn and Etoilee. We have those sneaker and nylon wearing office ladies here too. It's a fashion crime no matter the city...

    ReplyDelete