Thursday, March 20, 2008

Shoe 3: The Exciting One




Enzo Agnolini - 9West ($130.00)

This is the (flashier) nod to the Camper shoe, at half the price and with somewhat better fit (on my particular foot). I'm not going to lie to you. The Camper shoe is subtle and fine - beautifully constructed (as you would imagine) given the brand and the pricetag. It whispers "hello, shoe-wearer, are you delicate enough for me". This shoe kind of hits you over the head. It is much trendier - shiner, bucklier, moving toward the gladiator thing with the ankle strap. It says "get your money's worth out of me now because you have no idea if I'll be a pariah next summer - oh, and I might not last much past then".

Nonetheless, I was really impressed by the fit. From every angle I found it flattering and, well, eye-catching. With a mini-dress, it will add a sexy something without looking trashy. And, while I realize the ankle wrapping is not ideal for every shape of leg, this is one "challenging look" I feel I can pull off (for a change)...

PS - Our bride-to-be Enc, of observationmode, has kindly nominated me to do that fascinating meme called "The Eight". I'm so psyched to do it, but it does take quite a bit of thought and prep. Please stay tuned for my take on this fun game.

11 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this shoe.

    Oh how I love the word "pariah."

    Oh how I love the ankle strap.

    Oh how you will love The Eight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely shoe, i love the heel and the ankle strap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these. Especially that silver heel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enc: Glad you love the shoe. It too can be yours! You know, I'm working on the Eight and it takes thought!

    Thanks Jello, Addicted and Clothes Horse. It comes in hot pink, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very nice choice! Just the right touch of flashiness. I'm with you on the price of campers, I adore Camper shoes but they are completely unaffordable in SA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops left my comment on these beauties on the "lady like" bit.
    I'm just learning this blog thing
    H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bronwyn: It kind of takes the fun out of the purchase when you need to take out a mortgage to buy a pair of shoes! :-)

    Heather: No worries. I'm glad you're posting comments wherever they land. Glad you liked my feature on you. K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I just say how much I love the "tights with annkle strap heels" look. F.A.B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These shoe are incredible...simple but (as you said) exciting at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trendinista: Those sock-tights can be yours for 11 bucks at American Apparel. Glad you like the look! K

    Ms. Bubble: Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm going to wear them in some outfit posts soon. PS - I've been trying them on in the evenings, just to admire their sassiness (and to dream about spring). I enjoy them more each time. K

    ReplyDelete