Monday, March 24, 2008

Bzzzzzzzz

I cannot tell you how much I love this shot-in-the-arm of springtime colour, courtesy of my fave haunt for affordable, trendy basics, Club Monaco:

Sweater: Club Monaco, Skirt: American Apparel
Shoes: 9West, Belt: ?

And here's a gratuitous close up showing off it's colourful, finely knitted deliciousness:


It can be yours for a reasonable $69.00 - though you can spend a smidge more for the translucent cardi ($79.00) or the silk like spun sunshine cardi ($119.00). Will talk more about this one more when I post about shopping fun with Jennifer. (K - I promise a closet org series is on its way, I haven't forgotten about you...)

You know, I've been going to CM for more than 20 years?! Now that's customer retention... (If only they would update their website now and again, I could have shown you a few great pieces. Seriously, how do they expect me to do their advertising for them if they don't give me something to work with??)

9 comments:

  1. You can never go wrong with CM!!

    I would definitely wear this. I love the sweater, and actually I am kind of obsessed with that color at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely silhouette!! I especially like how the strong heels balance the look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're lucky they have you. I always chicken out of buying anything when I shop there. I love it all, but somehow, it's never been me. I love your yellow sweater, and with that black skirt, and the new shoes, I'm really digging it. You look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! I wish I could wear yellow. If I looked as good in it as you, I wouldn't wear anything but yellow!

    Very fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Riz: I was so overwhelmed by the joyful quality of the colour, I knew it had to be mine. Do they have CM where you live? If yes, run don't walk (it comes in other gorgeous jewel tones too).

    Miss C: Thanks. I loved the jewel quality of the shoes with the sweater. I was going for feminine but not frilly.

    Enc: You are so sweet to me! Seriously, give something there a go - it's a very wearable collection this spring. I promise...

    Thank you so much, Nancy. This yellow is so nice on so many skintones - believe me, I'm the palest person in Ontario (which is going some) and it still didn't make me look dead. Give it a try. K

    ReplyDelete
  6. i looove club monaco, but i don't have the budget.
    but i like your outfit !



    x.
    jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you I Heart!

    Jessica: I hear you. You know, I just found some delightful yellow knits at Forever21 (I have a whole post coming up on this store soon) which are much more affordable. Maybe you should check them out?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a sucker for some yellow. . .

    ReplyDelete