Monday, April 9, 2012

Fun Times...

Between the stress, the endless fitting and the booze, can't say I'll remember much of this weekend. So here's something to remind me:


Consider easing that side front bust curve into the jacket front piece. I suspect that's why they advise you not to add more than 2 inches overall when you're doing a TBA. Don't worry, I've been living with these boobs for a long time. I know how to work around them with fabric.

The classic rock internet radio has been going almost non-stop for 5 days and I have to say, if I never hear "You Can't Always Get What You Want" again, it'll be too soon.

11 comments:

  1. You crack me up! "I've been living with these boobs for a long time . . ." Funny!

    I still cringe when I hear "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" - I worked at Sea World for a summer in college, and they played that song over the speakers about a thousand times a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of buying pattern weights and when we were last in Home Depot, the washers didn't seem heavy enough. So the first picture, I was actually more interested in what you used as weights than the fabric.

    And I thought they were shot glasses until the second one where I noticed the tea lights. Wouldn't that make an awesome drinking game? Add something tasty to add weight to the shot glass, and then you can drink then when you are done.

    Of course, that might put an end to the night of sewing.

    My classic rock song of switching stations is Baraccuda by Heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, it's bad news when you think I'm using shot glasses for weights :-) Although, that would make an awesome game.

      Delete
  3. I thought your pattern weights were little glasses of alcohol. wouldn't that be a marvelous drinking game??

    DOH. seraphinalina has the same idea. great minds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if anyone was going to ask what the weights were. But I didn't think y'all would think they're shot glasses. I think that's a compliment, somehow. :-)

      Delete
    2. Oh indeed. The college version of sewing with wine. ;)

      Delete
    3. I thought they were, too! I don't think anyone would blame you after all you've been through with this jacket!

      Delete
    4. I know - that's the thing! It's been such a process, y'all know I need an elixir :-)

      Delete
  4. Hurrah! Fabric! I think sometimes the only way to get through a project is with a stiff drink!

    ReplyDelete