To disclose: Until 10 minutes ago I didn't have a PayPal account and I've only ever bought bags online. Partly, this is because I live in Canada, and e-bay shopping (and the like) gets complicated here for a few reasons:
- The shipping charge is often much higher (even though I don't think it costs that much more)
- If the item is stopped at customs coming into Canada, duty will be charged (this tends to be exorbitant, depending on what it is)
- The exchange rate can be miserable
- I prefer to buy in real life (I enjoy the experience and I live in a major metropolis)
- I'm kind of scared - will the vendor be good (reviews notwithstanding) and - major question - how do I know if that unreturnable thing is going to fit?
But I really want to branch out. Just found a really chic pair of gently-used, designer jeans that should fit (on paper) at a really good price. What do I do??
Canadians, specifically, do you online shop from the UK and US often? How would you rate the experience?
Thanks for everyone's feedback.