Saturday, October 9, 2010

If Only Monitors Were Scratch and Sniff...

OK, I may be all "sewing challenged" every 10 minutes, but I sure as hell can bake:


Streusel Coffee Cake recipe from Joe Pastry

My parents arrived yesterday from North Carolina and tonight we'll be having a big dinner here with them and Scott's family.

On the menu:
  • Munchies (Cheese, charcuterie, nuts, crackers)
  • A variety of types of wine - some picked for vintage, others for cute labels and names i.e. Wit's End, The Procrastinator!
  • Roast capon (slowly cooked over 5 hours on low heat)
  • Pan Veggies
  • Tomatoes and Feta
  • Stuffing (Shhhh, it's out of a box!! Seriously, though, it's really good. But do NOT tell my mother.)
  • Apple pie
  • Pumpkin pie
  • Streusel Coffee Cake (whatever's left!)
(Of course, the pies will be made from scratch, by me, and Scott's in charge of the bird.)

I'll aim to take some food photos, if there's an opportunity!

Happy Thanksgiving, all. K

9 comments:

  1. Mmmm, sounds delish. This American sure is sad she has to wait another month for Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoyed yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this is not allowed. Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm! Have a scrumptious Thanksgiving with some great family time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! That looks amazing and your menu has me salivating. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I wish I could scratch and sniff for real! Your meal has my mouth watering. And the dessert seems like the perfect way to end the meal. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours:)

    ReplyDelete