(Doesn't look half as good in these photos as it did in real life - I swear.)
Today, I found some rather adorable things. CM is in one of its pretty (rather than edgy, minimal) phases. Of course, they're always clean (in the lines). I love that. But right now it's pretty and clean. They've also opted to drop the prices low in one dip - not bit by bit as they usually do. Which is how I found this, originally $119.00:
- I wear denim constantly.
- I love denim tremendously.
- I particularly love dark denim.
- I love asymmetrical cuts.
- It looks great.
- I recently lost one of my beloved denim skirts to old age (its, not mine).
- I have thought, on no less than 3 occasions this summer, that I really need a new denim skirt.
- I can wear it through 3 seasons - and I will.
- The cost per wearing justification is indisputable.
PS: On the same lunch hour I stopped in at Godiva to ask the SA if they'd changed the recipe on the chocolate mint "pearls". They're an afternoon snack I sometimes like to have and the last tin I bought was hideous and waxy. (I know Godiva is not the world's best chocolate, but those pearls are easy and melty in a nice way and the price is right.) Without hesitation, the guy handed me an unopened packet and said, I don't think so - try these and see if they're any better. They were. I likely got a stale batch last time because I bought them at the bookstore (don't do that). Talk about unstinting client service. I am extremely pleased to have had that experience. And I'll continue to eat the pearls for a long time to come.
Update: My new downsampled photos are absolute shit, sorry. I have to figure out a way of improving things so that you can actually see detail. I'm working on it.