The gist of it is that I find one photo that sums up every element of design I love. But what's a girl to do when she loves so much?? I'm, like, polyamorous with the rooms!
So here's what I've come up with. But I want you to know I'll cheat with the next mid-century couch or leopard print rug that catches my eye. Cuz that's just the kind of girl I am.
Photo courtesy of Apartment Therapy Home Tour
What gets me off:
- I am transfixed by natural light and beautiful exteriors/views that complete an interior space.
- The interior lighting is inviting and sexy.
- The fireplace is FANTASTIC. How I covet it. Let me count the logs.
- The floors - warm but spare - really inspire me.
- I love all the mid-century design elements in the architecture and furniture. How wonderful to see a space whose bones match its window dressing.
- I'm attracted to sparseness that manages to be a) adult b) sensual and c) warm - in tone and in attitude.
- Can you imagine the key parties that would have happened in this San Diego gem 45 years ago?? :-) And the tripping on acid 35 years ago? And the nouvelle cuisine that would have happened 25 years ago?? Gotta love a home that piques the imagination.