Monday, September 20, 2010

You Can Take the Girl Out of Toronto...

Rather amusingly, today when I was looking through Apartment Therapy in my reader, I came upon this:

I thought to myself: Wow, that's a nice room in a totally real way. It's not matchy, it's not "perfect". The colours are lively, the decor eclectic.
And then I opened the actual post and discovered it's a place down the block from me. OK, not entirely down the block - maybe 2 km away - but you get the point. The house is entirely the same vintage as mine. In truth, I like my house better (it is my house after all), but it's amusing that the photo caught my eye for its existential familiarity.

6 comments:

  1. That is amusing! It's kind of validating, too. You have such great taste, K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, how interesting. And voyeuristic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to live in that room. And, you know what?Iit seems doable. I could add some of those elements to my room. I am inspired.
    p.s. One element of my space that is better than theirs is the dog. My dog is more decor friendly, white looks good with everything.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This room makes me happy -- and I recognize elements I have in my home, despite their very different styles -- I love the coloured wall, the comfy furniture, the vibrant patterns, the dominant art -- this looks like a room that really gets lived in!
    More and more, I'm confronted with how much I am NOT a minimalist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this - i think it's the colour on the back wall

    ReplyDelete
  6. E: Why thank you!!

    Sewn: I'm nothing if not a voyeur. And an exhibitionist.

    Bel: That's what I love. It is doable!

    mater: I like to be a minimalist without being overly modernist. That's my scene :-) But I do need comfort.

    Pink: I know, isn't it great!

    ReplyDelete