Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Hunt is On

OK, this eve, on my way out to an amazing dinner with my husband (because my kid is at a sleepover!!!), I did a bit of window shopping. Didn't buy any shoes (yet) but I did find these, which I'm thinking about:



PS - You should know that this is not my usual style of shoe. This is my friend Hilary's usual style of shoe (Camper, kind of flat, cute and girly). She does happen to be more than 7 inches taller than me, though. It's just that the leather is so almost black, but blue. And so shiny, but not over the top. And so walkable for miles at a time. It's also $190.00 in Canada. I think, even with shipping and border taxes, I might get it cheaper online, esp. with the US dollar being what it is.

Enc: Any feelings about this one? (Don't be shy, now. It's not like I've bought it.) Thanks to all for their insightful red shoe ideas. I'm going out again tomorrow to see what else I can drum up to suit the spring which, please weather fairies, is around the corner. There is, no joke, 6 feet of snow on my postage stamp sized lawn.

11 comments:

  1. I. LOVE. THIS. SHOE. (caps and punctuation for emphasis.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, like it, can see them at the end of a pair of skinny's, got the great t-bar going on but with a comfortable small wedge. Also nice with bear legs and a floral summer dress. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with editor: I LOVE this shoe, too. I'll try to find it for less for you here, if you want me to.

    I think it's worth every penny, but I may be able to find it for you for less here. Do you want me to look?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this shoe too! as everyone so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're cute! I like the patent leather and the t-bar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, everyone: Thanks for your positive comments about this shoe, which I loved instantly.

    Enc: As always, you are so generous with your time! Thank you.

    So here's the thing, I haven't bought 'em yet - cuz, instead, I just bought a whack of other shoes I saw which I also thought were great, which were less expensive and which, to be truthful, fit my foot better. More to come...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fit is everything. No matter how cute a shoe is, if it hurts, then it's awful to wear. I'm happy for you about your new shoe purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these. I need something like this - something dressy to zhuzh up jeans but not too high.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enc: You are so right about that. As you'll read, it's not so much that they were uncomfortable as that they didn't fit quite right in the toe area.

    Rollergirl: I agree, they'd be great with jeans. Cute but not too dressed up, esp when the weather starts to get very warm. K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks SP! They don't have mirrors but they are pretty cute :-)

    ReplyDelete