On the basis of a couple of comments yesterday (thank you!) and an email exchange with S., I had this moment of sewing memory lucidity...
Remember these? (Please ignore my deathly sick look...)
Well, they just happen to be pants made for a stretch woven. Sure, they're the jeans version of leggings, but note that I made those with denim that barely stretched. I mean, it doesn't stretch at all which is why I haven't been wearing them lately...
For kicks, I took out the pattern. Egad, that seems almost "sloper comparison-esque".
Here's what my altered version it looks like:
Seems that I had to a) lengthen the denim leggings at the hem but I
didn't shorten them in the rise tremendously much and - note this with
interest! - I actually raised the waist-line twice to get them to sit at
my real waist.
And here are the relevant pieces of the Claudia pattern overlaid:
There's not a tremendous amount of
difference between these curves. Sure, there's the need for refinement
in length and depth - and the first try might not work perfectly - but I
am starting to see how this pattern is not cut for an Amazon.
This bonus photo shows that the length of the Claudia pant is about 0.5" longer than the denim leggings sloper, but that's before any refinements...
So that's where I'm at right now. Strangely grateful for a sloper of sorts, to potentially have saved me from slicing and dicing the Claudia (I traced it! It wouldn't have been a disaster!) in accordance with a loose-fit pants sloper designed for wovens.