I believe, in shortening the front rise (even though I put some length back onto the front crotch tip to re-add the length of over all crotch curve which I removed in the shortening) I messed something up. Now the centre back seam is quite tight (kind of going up my bum) and the back facing (by the centre / crotch seam) is flipping out of the inside where it's supposed to lie flat.
I'm going to do some research but the likely outcome is that I'll put a bit more fabric somewhere on the crotch line and maybe alter the line of the back waist to give a bit more height.
Other than that deal-breaker fit issue (sigh), there are a few other cosmetic alterations I want to make:
- Put another 0.75 inches back onto the bottom of these pants. Yeah, now I'm back to the original pattern's leg length - told you I was tall :-)
- Add another 0.5 inches to the waist. It fits, but it's slightly tighter than I'd like.
- I'm thinking that a regular zip would make a stronger closure. Invisible zips on hips, when the garment is fitted pants, are a recipe for disaster. But I'll probably just cut a bit to the outside of the current pattern to add another 0.2" of seam allowance at the upper 8 inches of the hip, when cutting the fabric on my next go.
- Widening the pants another 2 inches in the leg from the knee down. Following my last round of alterations, when I simply removed the dart to add width, I feel they're still a bit too tapered vs. the straight leg I'm going for.