Thursday, December 8, 2011


I just received the most awesome gift.

(I will post a photo, but in the interests of telling you about it right this minute, you'll have to imagine it...)

Mardel - she of impeccable taste fame - has sent me a yard (though it seems like more) of reversible cashmere knit fabric - slate grey on one side, fuchsia on the other. Imagine a sweater you might spend a zillion dollars on at Neiman Marcus. It could be made out of this knit. It's probably the nicest fabric I've had the pleasure to own.

Now I just need to find a) the perfect pattern and b) the courage to cut into it.

This post is a kind of preamble to a great giveaway I'm going to tell you about very soon. All I can say is that it has something to do with Mardel and something to do with an item you will want to own.

PS: Can anyone tell me where to find very high-end knit fabrics that can be purchased online? Preferably ones that won't cost 50 bucks in shipping alone...


  1. Sounds so gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Ahh, Mardel has good taste!

  2. That IS a fabulous gift! What a sweet friend.

  3. Ooh, that fabric sounds perfect for you, Mardel knows you very well. I wish I knew of a fabulous place to buy high end knit fabrics but I don't have a clue.

  4. Slate grey and fuchsia on the other? Wow, how devine, that's a really great colour combination.

    No suggestions I'm afraid. Is there anything on Tasia's list of on line retailers? It's getting to be a rather long list.

  5. I really can't wait to see what becomes of this lovely cashmere!

  6. Stacy: The best!

    Sal: I know!!

    Susan: I bet that Mardel can help us. She's offline on her move but we'll have to learn her high-end secrets.

    Sera: Isn't it awesome. I've gone into that list but I'm a bit overwhelmed!

    E: Neither can I, truthfully :-)