I really don't know how it happened. I mean, on Friday I was a puddle of goo after a fairly rigorous work day.
But there I was on Saturday, food shopping and putting up the tree (with M), wrapping all of my homemade gifts, making some homemade gifts and going to a party. Sunday came and I was experimenting with pasta recipes, sewing and (what a surprise) knitting again.
Note the revised strategy: I'm only knitting for me from here on in. At least for the foreseeable future. Oh, and I have no time frames associated with the completion of garments for me. After all, I'm going to be here when all is said and done.
At one point I got mad at Scott for eating a ripe pear on the basis that I was going to use it to make a crumble. That's when I realized I need to get a grip. I mean, I'm not exactly running a lifestyle empire.
At any rate, here's the quick win top I made (V8323):
- I'm really glad I've used up the bulk of this fabric, cuz it's kind of nice but mainly icky. I don't know that it will stand the test of laundry. In which case it's a nice wearable muslin.
- On that topic, oh man, my seam finishing is horrendous. Gotta work on that. (Let's blame it on the fabric.)
- It's quite a clear and easy pattern (much as the name suggests). I made view A, though I added 3/4 sleeves, cut a straight 12 (used the "petite" shortening lines) and it fits pretty well.
- Did I mention that serging princess seams is a crap shoot?
- Nonetheless, I really like princess seams. I didn't like their line till I started sewing.
- Not sure about the funnel neck. I may alter it the next time.
- Also, I'll need to do some work on the sleeves. I used the ones meant for view B and they were too wide.