Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I <3 Montreal Theme Week: Pretty Purchase

While in Montreal, we did very little shopping, but a girl has to buy something at Holt Renfrew after lunching at the chic cafe.

I realize I'm a bit of a perfume addict lately. This is the last bottle I will permit myself to buy until I finish one of my other ones. (Fortunately, that won't take long!)

I'm not big on Estee Lauder - it just seems frumpy to me, brand rejeuvenation notwithstanding. But this bottle is a thing of beauty and the scent it contains is absolutely beautiful. It's very elegant lady meets urban lifestyle. And, oh, look: another floral scent with a chypre subnote.

Hmmm, I don't mean to be boring, but if the scent fits...

Brief Update on yesterday's post (sorry if y'all thought that thing was a vibrator when you opened the post at work): I haven't filled the portable atomizer with any particular perfume yet because they're all my babies and I can't commit to giving one special attention. Seems like a totally useful purchase so far...

6 comments:

  1. That bottle is very understated, while still being strong. I love the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MANY years ago I wore Knowing and Beautiful. Then I abandoned all Estee and never looked back. Maybe I should take another sniff. That is a gorgeous bottle.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this - if it is in the UK as I love jasmine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wore Youth Dew when I was really young, mostly I think because someone in my family thought it was appropriate, and then I wore one other, but haven't looked at Estee since my 20s. Maybe I'll take a sniff, it sounds very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. E: It's really one of the more elegant bottles I've seen.

    Y: It smells of jasmine, but it's not a simple floral - it has a complex subnote.

    Bel: I can't believe that woman got away with selling a fragrance called Knowing. I really can't get with it, regardless of how gorgeous it smells. This one, fortunately, has a very generic name. Check it out and tell me what you think.

    Kate: I want to know your thoughts when you try it...

    Youth Dew was Estee Lauder?? Does that brand have no end of bad names for their good product? This is why they need to change it up. Aerin just hasn't moved it into my demographic yet - though I did spend on this perfume.

    ReplyDelete