Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pretty Kitty





My husband wanted to call this post "Nice Pussy" and, while I was tempted, it is a family blog :-)

So this is darling find no. 2 from Refinery Vintage - a sack pinafore from the early 80s (we estimate, based on the seams and the material). The zipper is what sold me. Well, the $20.00 pricetag is what sold me - or maybe it was the heretofore never encountered animal print corduroy. It's just one big mishmash of adorable, IMO. And, though I was there the first time, I wasn't exactly chic back then.

I'll generally wear it with a belt to mitigate comments about pregnancy though, with my new, neon yellow, Club Monaco v-neck I might just let it be its bad-ass puffy self. And, this dress is great with a flat boot, a sandal or a shoe. Versatile, non?

15 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Love your husband's suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the cutest dress, I like the shoes you've paired it with. Definitely keep it up, I'll await further vintage updates:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comment:)

    Woo you seriously look hot in the dress, nice pose and the stare. Great attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! & I think your husband and my boyfriend would get along super well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is hot! And I'm still giggling about the nice pussy..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merci Enc!

    WendyB: He has his moments.

    Bronwyn: Thanks. They're shoes I love but haven't seemed to be able to really break in - even though they're Rockports and sensible wedges. I mean, what does a shoe have to do to be comfortable??

    Rose: Thanks for your sweet comment. My mother has been talking about my attitude for years - but not so positively :-)

    Ambika: Too bad you don't live in my town or we could put that theory to the test...

    ReplyDelete
  7. goodness gracious. the dress had me at hello from afar, but the ZIPPER!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arrgh. My comment from yesterday didn't transmit. Anyway, I think this dress is charming. I love that you can wear a belt with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dreamecho: I know - isn't the zipper a trip! The thing paid for itself on that basis alone.

    Miss C: So sad your comment got lost in cyberspace. That's happened to me - when I'm at my most brilliant, of course - and it's very disappointing. Maybe you can paraphrase? Thanks for your compliment about the dress. The skinny belt is a godsend with these puffy dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meow!
    Great find and amazing zipper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh this is so cute! I really love the zipper with the little kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that dress! You are such a hot mom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merci, IHeart and Addicted. I wore it yesterday and 2 people (both kids, interesting) noticed and commented on the zipper.

    Nadine: When I saw this dress, I actually thought of you. It strikes me as the kind of eyecatching, unusual dress you would find - or make, knowing you!

    Isabel: Please feel free to comment on my blog anytime :-) I really appreciate your compliment. Sometimes I feel more like a hot mom than others! K

    ReplyDelete