So, in accordance with the rules:
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
- I cannot stand to listen to people breathing when they sleep – loved ones, adorable children, slothful pets – it matters not. That whistle-y sound makes me homocidal. Don’t even get me started on snoring.
- I LOVE butter – to the extent that bread is merely a vehicle for ingesting it. (I suppose it’s also quirky that I really don’t like bread…)
- On the topic of food quirks, I used to have a sugarless gum problem – going through packs a day i.e. chain chewing - until I came to terms with the fact (not that I didn’t know this and ignore it for years) that it’s as bad for you as diet cola (which I hate, btw).
- I am a born hostess: At work, I’m that girl who orients the new person – even if I’ve only been on board for a week and everyone else knows 10X more than me. At a picnic, I’m the one who assists the organizer. If you’re lost on the street, I’m likely to walk you to your destination to make sure that you get there without incident.
- While I read every fashion mag in the known universe, and feel not the slightest bit of envy or concern that I have neither the body nor the budget to wear most of what I see, I cannot bear to pick up the interior design analogue. The minute I do I feel beyond inferior and it truly depresses me.
- I’m a whacky combo of luddite and futurist: I don’t have a cell phone, car or cable TV but I live in a house with 6 laptops, numerous PDAs and I was the first person I know to get an iPod. I’m also a member of the Nielsen Media Research “family” – you know, the organization whose TV popularity rating is widely adopted in the media industry. (Strangely, we were demographically sourced on the basis that we don’t have cable but that we – at that time - had a child under the age of 6. “Random source” is likely a misnomer since we’re, in my estimation, one of 3 families in downtown TO with a young child and no cable.)
Hmmm, who to tag, as I know many have already done this fun meme. I’d like to know more about the crazy qualities of:
Jill @ Couture Salope
Fruchtzwerg @ Fruchtzwerg’s Island
Yulanda @ little thoughts.
Regine @ Devote
Ms. White @ White Writing
Romny @ The 16 Diaries
And of course, anyone else who’d like to do it…