Monday, July 7, 2014

A Very Good Meal

If you can believe it, and truly I cannot, Scott ordered the chicken...


The resto was very ambiant:

The view from my seat...
We ate everything on the freakin' menu, somehow, which wasn't difficult since it was a tapas joint. After dessert, they rewarded our efforts with some homemade Domincan rum infused with orange.


But, perhaps best of all, the walk home was spectacular:



Beachy reputation aside, this is a very poor part of France, with high unemployment, and one feels the disenfranchisement. Beautiful landmarks are frequently marred by garbage, graffiti or the decay of neglect. I'm not going to lie to you, this town isn't on my Best-Of list. Frankly, one can do better on a French vacation (Arles, for example). And I'm not just saying that because of the night from hell.

But, if you happen to be in the area, there's some good food and some even better people-watching. Tomorrow, on to Barcelona on the high-speed train!

6 comments:

  1. What an exciting vacation! Continue to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is such a high-speed train!
    Looks as if Montpellier put on a good show for you, in the end. And I'm impressed that both of you are so resilient. Can't wait to see a bit of Barcelona through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say we're resilient! That's not a term that's frequently applied to either of us :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm loving travelling vicariously with you. And isn't your chap a looker! ;-)

    ReplyDelete