Friday, June 18, 2010

Love Potion No. 2

Korres Wild Rose Brightening Serum

This one is the fave. I cannot tell you how much I love it - and how enjoyable it is to apply. In fact, naturalness be damned, I'm going to try the whole freakin' line.

The scent is beautiful (wild rose, but not pungent), the texture silky and dewy (but not greasy), the packaging lovely (and not glass) and the impact immediately noticeable. My mother tried it when she was here and she looked 5 years younger 3 minutes after one application. It makes my skin feel inexplicably plump all day?!

And it's Greek, which is fun and different. I mean, I've never used product from Greece before.

Its key ingredients are vitamin C from the roses (boring, I know) and extract of the baobab tree. Apparently it's proven to repair skin discolouration and fine lines (I'm just reading the package here). But in my anecdotal experience, it leaves the skin radiant!

The Korres Wild Rose Brightening Serum costs $53.00 CDN which is cheap at the price, in my opinion. And, if you're all into being natural (as I once was), it will fit the bill perfectly.

PS: Korres PR peeps - call me. I'll shill for you anytime. Esp. if it means free product!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh, you know I love me some Korres. Was so happy when they opened up a store in SoHo so that I didn't have to keep schlepping to London to buy it! I don't think they are still making the bitter almond lotion, but that was my fav...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha yes, I so wish people would give me free stuff!

    I'm not fully convinced by all these beauty products. Like... they smell nice and make your skin feel soft... but do they actually make any difference to the quality of your skin/make you age better? I'm skeptical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes I must try this. I love Greece and Greek products so I'm hotting footing soon to get some. Korres PR you owe K-Line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Korres has the best products. I'll have to try this based on your recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy: I'll let you know if I find it here... I can't believe I've been so ignorant!

    Miss C: This is unlike any other I've come across. need to try it to really understand.

    Lily: I SO respect that. You should be skeptical IMO. I don't know how well they work. I do think sunblock, sunglasses, hats and genetics play at least as large a role. As does healthy living and good nutrition - and just taking care of your skin and drinking lots of water. But the potions can't hurt!

    Kate: You have to tell me what you think when you've tried it. knowing you, you'll be popping over to Greece to pick it up!

    Dee: I'm totally going to try the other products.

    ReplyDelete