Friday, June 27, 2008

Free Association

It's impossible for me to think of the ever-stylish Montreal without thinking of its most stylin' ambassador, Mr. Cohen. I mean, the guy is not young yet he manages to project a forceful, craggy, downtrodden vitality I am so down with.

Check out the silhouette:


Or, perhaps, stare into the eyes of a poet:


One of my many unrealized fantasies involves a fantastic dinner chez Cohen - a surfeit of red wine, super tunes, warm breeze floating over a cantilevered balcony (verdantly secluded). I'd love to know what it was like for him, growing up in Montreal in the 40s and 50s, about his time in NY, the impetus for his greatest work. Of course there would be awesome sex. (I know he's old but he's virile!) This is not one of those PG fantasies. How else could one truly know this man?

Don't worry. My husband and I have an arrangement. Should the opportunity arise, I get to get it on with Leonard Cohen. And, if the stars align, he can do (the far more vapid, if perkier) Kate Beckinsale. I say, good luck to us both :-) He concurs.

PS: The Thoughtful Dresser did an eerily similar post a couple of days ago. Mine was preposted so I wonder if we could have written about this (reasonably unusual) fashion blog subject at the same time. Wouldn't that be weird?

7 comments:

  1. K~ thanks for the "inspiration." I am traveling to Montreal on Sunday morning. Will be there two weeks!
    ~Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha, that is an awesome deal. Good luck to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would indeed be weird if you two were in sync like that!

    This is a cool deal. If you get your chance, I hope it's sooner, rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No no, you must never have sex with Leonard Cohen.

    I can never forget this lyric from Master Song: "your thighs are a ruin, you want too much"

    Who has the nerve to fuck LC after that?? Not me, as much as I revere his genius! He'd be much too critical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sex with a former monk? I think that would be too intense to handle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom is obsessed with Leonard and walking past our house you'd hear "Democracy is comin, to the USA!" I'm sure she'd love you for this post [but might be a tad jealous ;)]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tessa: I'm totally jealous! Have a great time...

    Clothes Horse: I think so!

    Enc: I mentioned it in a comment on Linda's post but she didn't answer (at least before I went away). She's not such a comment responder...

    Sister Wolf: In my fantasy he is so rapt with passion for me, it's all he can do to keep from writing me a poem while having sex with me at the same time! :-)

    Isabel: I TOTALLY forgot his whole monk phase - that's so not how I see him...

    Tavi: You tell your mom to find another old guy sensitive Canadian sexy poet :-)

    ReplyDelete