Saturday, February 16, 2008

What Virus Produces a Collection This Sick?!






Roksanda Ilincic
All I can say is, infect me baby!

The colour-blocking thrills: yellow, lavender, pink, black. It's interesting and elegant all at the same time. And, fan of satin or no, you've got to admire those beautiful silhouettes, particularly the black and green dress and the black dress with the blue sash. A propos of a fantastic, thoughtful recent post by Riz at Mode & Utopie, what I find so refreshing about this collection is that it doesn't seem mired by the punctuated restraint of so much in NY Fashion Week. No doubt, it doesn't hit you over the head, but satin is not the fabric of the shrinking violet, and those shapes are hardly démodé (ironic or otherwise).

4 comments:

  1. i love every single piece of that...
    awesome blog, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chililady: So glad you like the blog. Thank you for your positive comment!

    Roksanda rocks - I say... If only I could afford it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan H loves your blog . Will you receive this comment. Last one lost in space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nan: I got it and I thank you for your kind comment. Pls. keep reading and commenting. Best, K

    ReplyDelete