Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Knew if I Just Looked Long Enough...

... I'd find a pair of wide-legged, high-waisted trouser jeans. I just didn't think it would be at H & M.

Note: I am not that person who hangs at H & M, snapping up delicious, fiscally-prudent finds like skinny teen. My overriding opinion of the chain is that they should use a bit more fabric -on everything. I also find the bulk of it kind of disposable - if extremely au courant - in a way that doesn't work for me. Point is, I'm not the demographic. So imagine my delight and surprise (another one of those overused phrases of mine), to discover a workmate was wearing these:




When she told me she'd just bought them for $29.00, I knew a shopping venture was nigh.

Now, in truth, they aren't that high-waisted. Which is fine, as far as I'm concerned, 'cuz I'm not that long-waisted. Their moderate rise (though the label says low-rise, it's not true) is perfect for my shape (short and curvy) and the price is right.

Furthermore, look at all that fabric - this must be where they've been stashing it all :-)

PS - With all the money I saved, I somehow managed to buy a top ($29.00) too:


This photo is only to highlight the shape and does not do it justice. For starters, I bought it in a totally different pattern (a slate background with lilac and black leopard print) which I can't seem to find online. Also, it looks fab with tits, something the model above does not possess.

Once the pants are hemmed, I'll take a picture of the combo for y'all to see.

6 comments:

  1. I'll be back to see what the photo looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i get really happy when i find anything at H&M i truly like! i agree with you their fabric is often not the best. But there is a skirt there that I am salivating over right now that my bf might get me =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enc - Stay tuned. My husband just spent a ridiculous amount of money on a new camera so I'm excited to try it out this weekend...

    Riz: I know you could write about shopping at H&M and make it sound like a doctoral thesis! Challenge: Buy the skirt as an impetus for writing the post :-)

    BGG - I know, can you believe it? You are in TO, non? I got them on Bloor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I'll be waiting!

    (my word verification was "farfu." Cool.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golly gee - I think you suggest something hilarious and accurate about me - i find daily taks in life difficult. So yes, that is a challenge.

    ReplyDelete