- 2 yards of lavender meets aubergine modal - quite drapey, on the heavy side, great recovery
- 2 yards of "sweatshirt" grey bamboo jersey - also very drapey, a bit thinner than the modal, great recovery, in truth, this is more of a winter colour...
- 2 yards of electric blue bamboo jersey - also very drapey, a bit thinner than the modal, great recovery, spectacular colour that really should shine
As luck would have it, EweKnit has started selling solid jersey knits - I cannot wait to check this out. The prices are right in line with good knit fabric and I have every confidence that I'll receive what I pay for.
But back to the question at hand: I want to make something fun - and maybe new - with each of these fabrics but here are my parameters:
- Would prefer to use in 1-yard increments to maximize what I can do with the remnants
- Wouldn't mind something a bit dressy to wear to meetings - or something casual
- Don't want to have to go insane with fitting. I'm looking for something that I can more or less compare to other knit slopers I've got and make my alterations that way
- Would be happy to make a top, dress, jacket - anything, really
- I like interesting lines
- Has to work with boobs
- In a perfect world, it would be an intermediate project - not looking to take on something advanced right now. I need some quick wins.
Please provide any fab pattern ideas - preferably ones that can be downloaded! Thanks!
On another note, I hemmed the stripey V1179, from yesterday, and it seems much nicer than it did yesterday. From the outside, the workmanship isn't bad. So it's a keeper, I suppose. Good thing I didn't go nuts and throw it out on a whim...