Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Tailored Suit: Assembling the Skirt

You may recall that I decided to make my TNT skirt somewhat differently this time. I'm lining it and facing it with petersham.I've managed to construct the skirt shell (right) and corresponding lining/facing unit (left):


Here's a shot of the lining faced with petersham. Not a bad job inserting that zipper.


Tomorrow I have to figure out how to attach the zipper on the lining to the opening on the skirt shell. Seems that I can write a bunch of instructions. I just can't understand them.

No one can accuse me of failure to experiment with colour.

13 comments:

  1. I just can't wait to see this suit on you! It's going to be so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see the completed suit. This has been a very fun series to follow. And I love your colors. Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the series Sandy! We're almost there!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the colors! This is going to be amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with livinginred it has been fun to follow, I only wish it was as much fun for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you know I'll forget soon enough. :-)

      Delete
  5. That bit at the top of the zipper is always a bit nerve wracking! I'm doing this method on the Lonsdale at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it freaks me out! But it works so well.

      Delete
  6. Is it possible for you to wear this inside out?! The lining is truly gorgeous and looks fabulous with the pink petersham. I second Gail, I can't wait to see you model this suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Trust me, I've thought about trying to make that happen :-)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous Gorgeous!! I love your tailoring and the idea about the waistband - the skirt is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, the waistband is so easy - easier than cutting out facing pieces. You have to do it.

      Delete