Thursday, January 8, 2009

So Good, It's Twisted

My shopping phobic husband really stepped up to the plate in purchasing this GORGEOUS end table for me:



Of course, there's a back story. I've wanted this piece for at least 2 years - believing it would make a perfect coffee cup table in my family room. We haven't really "done" this room and it's very much a work-in-progress. That is to say, I don't know how we've improved it at all (not having thrown money or time at it), but it's much more functional now than it was 3 years ago, when I divested it of it's original function: child playroom.

Anyway, we have our coffee there on the weekends - when we stick the kid in front of TVO cartoons in the front room - and I've lamented the lack of suitable coffee holder, well, forever.

My husband has been telling me, since I saw this table, that he doesn't like it, that it seems contrived, that it's just asking for a knee to bang against. It's also pretty expensive. At least by my standards. So, you can imagine my incredible surprise when I received it!

Note: Technically, I guessed - don't ask me how, you know I have a knack - but that's just between you and me. OK?

18 comments:

  1. I think it's a fascinating shape.

    It's great that your husband got it for you, even though it went against his grain.

    ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatta man. How was its inaugural coffee-related use? As awesome as you'd always dreamed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an exquisite piece! Congrats!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a cool table. Your husband is smart like a fox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love that table!!!!
    The shape is great so intriguing and interesting.
    Congrats.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice hubby K-line.. I hope you are feeling better.. mine cold finally working its way out my ears...slept wrong .. gave me damn headache.. But.. man it sure is twisted.. A twisted good piece...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The table looks great!
    Sometimes ya just know, right?

    David

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the shape. And the wood!
    It's more interesting than the usual plain coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know what I like about the table more the sweet grain on the top or the really sweet twisty design. Either way I say it is most definitely worth 2 years of pining.

    ReplyDelete
  10. E: Hilarious!

    Sal: It was great but I generally like things more and more as time goes on.

    MDS: Thanks!

    CC: I really do love it...

    Monkey: Isn't he though :-)

    Thanks Seeker: It's like no other table I've seen. Which makes it that much more fun.

    GJ: I know you're in the last phase before wellness returns...

    Janet and Dave: Thanks!!

    Raven: I'm trying to figure out what wood it's made from. A part of me says pine, but it seems less soft than pine - and it's not yellow in any way.

    Jill: Pining! Ha!! Love that pun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like those. I could have made them! (dreaming)

    ReplyDelete
  12. contrived? maybe. amazingly beautiful. yes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maegan: Thanks!

    Songy: Something tells me you could, you talent!

    red.door.read: Thanks for your comment. It is contrived but sooo pretty with some flowers and a cup of coffee sitting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's gorgeous, good job Mr. K! I might start leaving furniture wishlists around my apartment and see if Mr. Unreliable gets the hint :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Ms. U! Let me know how that strategy works out for you :-)

    ReplyDelete