Saturday, January 3, 2009

Influential

Oooh, space-aged:


As I was saying, L'Oreal kindly sent me this new product - debuting on the Canadian market about now - with the hopes that I would try it and love it. I received the European version, the CDN being as-yet unavailable, along with:
  • 1 x L’Oréal Paris Cosmetic Bag
  • 1 x L’Oréal Paris Cosmetic Brush
  • 1 x L’Oréal Paris Eye Shadow Quad in Grey
  • 1 x Carbon Black Liquid Liner
  • 1 x Guide to Smokey Eyes
Hence, the experimental NYE look.

Here are my thoughts: It's not a bad product and it will retail for a very reasonable $14.99. It's got two steps, like other mascaras I've tried, a white base coat and a black top coat. I like the system and the product is easy to use. But with mascara, the wand is everything. And these wands didn't do it for me. The mascara created a long lash, not a thick one. I have long lashes already. I'm interested in width. So I don't know if I'd buy it.

It shouldn't stop you though. If you're into it. A propos of this, in a few short weeks, I will receive an HTML email and unique web-code to pass onto friends, so they can sign up to receive an exclusive discount coupon for their own Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara.

See how influential I really am? I'll be passing this along to y'all, natch.

Now just cuz the mascara wasn't so my thing, I have to say I was very impressed indeed with the L'Oreal Carbon Black Liquid Liner. And I quite enjoyed the L’Oréal Paris Eye Shadow Quad in Grey. I would totally buy either of these, my novice status notwithstanding. So you may also want to give them a go.

Now if only they would send me some lipstick!

13 comments:

  1. I try, but I just don't understand the obsession with long, thick lashes - seriously how much of a difference can an eyelash make? I do love some eye-liner though, so I may have to try the L'oreal. Hope your family is feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're getting famous if L'Oreal send you the mascara to test it ;)

    I bought this Mascara over half a year ago but never manage to use it one single time due to my old mascara which doesn't end so quickly, which is quite perfect to me.
    I'm still sceptical about the brushes, first to put on the white substance and then the black mascara. Most of the time, I'm in a hurry so I need everything to be done quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long, thick lashes can make a massive difference. I have long half blonde lashes and the difference when they are tinted or slathered in mascara so you can actually see them is VERY noticeable. So I'm always interested in new mascara products.

    Is this that tube mascara which supposedly just slides off in little tubes when you want to take it off? I'm very curious about that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cybill. I'm feeling a bit under the weather now too. But I AM NOT SICK. (Germs, please be aware.)

    F: You're making me feel so big time! I like the 2 step process, for what it's worth.

    MDS: I know!

    Skye: I forgot to mention the whole gimmick behind this. It IS the stuff that coats your eyelashes in tubes (but I don't really see it). When you wash it off - which it does reasonably easily - it turns into bits of rubber (like eraser shavings). It's rather strange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you were right, the one in the picture was A. Leon TAlley;)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW K* you're really influencial and becoming famous. How great they sent you that.
    Hmmmm I'm with you about the lipstick ;)

    Hope you're feeling good and your family better. Don't let they (the germes) catch you.... run for your life ;)

    Love
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. After all that you want a lipstick? Ya dreaming!

    :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always on the lookout for a good mascara - how great that you got to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, looking forward to the discount. Mascara can mean the difference between me looking awake and not -- it's one of the few cosmetics I generally wear so I'm always willing to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Atelier: Ha! I haven't lost my touch!!

    Thanks Seeker. I'm still staying strong. Woohoo!! And I love that you would say I'm so influential. I've cast a spell over you!

    Songy: You had to point that out :-)

    Diana: I remember when you did that "what mascara should I use" post. Hopefully the coupon will work throughout North America.

    Ambika: I'll post it when they send. I agree that good mascara really brings out the alertness in me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. get you with the freebies!!
    xx
    Happy New Year.
    xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. And to you Hammie. Can't wait to hear about your travels!

    ReplyDelete