Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Strawberry Fields Forever

OK, so today it appears I could not take a good picture to save my life. Honestly, 60 photos turned into 5 usable shots - and they're all quite marginal (let's be blunt).

Feeling hideous is no fun but then neither is torrid hormonal flux and, when it rains peeps, it pours.

As it's going to be a while before I get in another shoot, and as I do think this dress - the one I got with Yulanda on our staycation excursion - is adorable (pron. with French accent, for extra flair), I'm posting these nonetheless:




I know the hem of the inner collar is riding up in pic #2 but I couldn't figure out how to fix it (more on my ignorance of Photoshop to come in the near future...) Oh, and while I'm bitching, seriously what is going on with my hair?? I'm having a Beatles at Shea Stadium moment. How regrettable that look has seen its day... (Well, maybe moptop loving WendyB can appreciate it :-))

14 comments:

  1. ahhhh cute dress with stawberries

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a seriously adorable dress! I'd love to have one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, it looks just as great on you as I remember at the store. As for the flappy issue, are you talking about fixing it strictly in Photoshop or in real life too? I usually do a super small single stitch with matching thread to keep those pesky inner collars from riding up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute dress!

    Your hair is cute, too, just let it go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking "But I like a Beatles 'do" right before you mentioned me. LOL! I love your hair, yeah, yeah, yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute, love the little strawberry there

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Fash Asst.!

    Miss C: I've never seen anything quite like it but I'll keep my eye open for any others (wouldn't a green one with yellow apples be cute?)

    Thanks Y! I don't think the flap is a problem in real life - it was just the way I was leaning. But good advice I may take if it turns out to give me attitude!

    E: I've let it go. I'm channelling cute hair today :-)

    Wendy: That's hilarious. I really did think of you...

    Thanks Gloria. Those strawberries are so unique. I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute dress. don't worry abt the bad photos, we all get those bad days (i do anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, hard on yourself much? I love ALL of these photos, no lie. And enc is right (as always): The hair EST CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's such a cute dress especially the little details

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Cordelia. I know, those days are so yucky!

    Sal: It was PMS induced self-hating. Although I'm retaining so much water right now I'm afraid to wear anything with a zipper...

    Thanks Arielle: Just had a quick look at your blog and noticed you're a student in New England. My sister went to Concord Academy when she was in high school...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfit - such great details too! Yes, loved your previous pant post too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Please Sir! (It's not in fall's predicted colour scheme but it works for me :-))

    ReplyDelete