Wednesday, February 6, 2013

This is Sick

In a turn that borders on the ridiculous, I am home with body aches, chills, a chest cough and a fever. On the plus side, I can breathe. And, the back room of my main floor is such an energy sieve that it's actually 5 degrees cooler here than it is anywhere else. I think this may be the first time I've ever been grateful for my "winter air-conditioning" scenario. I merely disclose this in the event that you don't hear much from me in the next couple of days. And to get sympathy. (Seriously, just a joke, I have used up a lifetime of sickness sympathy from y'all. I'm just grateful if you're still reading :-))

Anyway, let's focus on something fun and frivolous. And expensive (relatively):

Miss Mandalay Amelie set
That's my newest lingerie purchase from LCL. I can't tell you if it fits, cuz it hasn't arrived yet. But I can tell you about the most wonderful customer service experience. After reading reviews of the fit of this bra and the undies, I wanted to purchase sizes that weren't in stock on the website. I emailed Cha, my trusted contact, and she followed up with the manufacturer directly to get me the items in the (hopefully) right sizes. Then, she invoiced me through Paypal and sent me the set on the same day. Did I remind you about free shipping? Seriously, I LOVE LCL.

I would welcome fast delivery on this one, not because we near Valentine's Day - I am impervious to greeting card holidays and, in a great irony, my husband doesn't care about any of my lingerie - but because I'm so excited to see it in real life and to try it on.

I was on the fence when first I bought the Miss Mandalay Paris (I got mine in cerise), but it's worn beautifully, it fits amazingly, and it really is daily-wear sexy.

I realize that it's not a new seamless basic, which is what I really should be researching at this point, but my practical streak is a little bit worn out. I really just want to surround myself with pretty these days.

So, today's questions: What do you think of this set and, if you own it, how does it wear? Do you buy sexy lingerie at Valentine's, or do you think it's a stupid "holiday"? I want to know.

24 comments:

  1. You deserve more sympathy -- seriously, it seems a cruel joke that you could possibly be ill yet again!
    I have been a sucker for Valentine's Day but not so much anymore. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you've had a rough couple of months! I hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, last 6 months?!?! Enough already, right?

      Delete
  3. *sympathy hugs*

    I don't have that set, but I'm loving the look of the panties! I don't buy lingerie specifically for V-day since I tend to buy year-round. (Why pay marked up prices when it will go on sale on the 15th?) That said, my husband and I do usually celebrate by planning a day to do something fun or new together. It's usually right before my busiest time of year, so it's nice to just to spend time focused on each other. (We tend to shun most hallmark-approved activities).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect this set ain't going on sale. BTW, it just arrived and it's GORGEOUS. Alas, the bra doesn't fit. More to come...

      Delete
  4. Cute set! We must be on the same wavelength, I just bought a few bras last night. ;-) I desperately needed a new Curvy Kate Tempt Me (in a bigger size! Eep!) and a couple of other things just kind of "fell" into my online basket....

    Hope you are feeling better soon! My son finally succumbed to the influenza, so I'm definitely sympathetic to your plight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kid's home sick today too. Ah, sick kids...

      Delete
  5. Oh no! Not you too! Damn thing is REALLY making the rounds...even in the blogsphere!

    Rest up. NO REALLY.
    (you're as bad as me!)
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm resting, trust me. I've been sitting on my ass FOR LIKE EVAH.

      Delete
  6. Sorry you are under the weather AGAIN! Please rest and look at pretty things. I am a practical underwear person, but I do appreciate the lovely set you ordered. Valentine's Day took on new meaning for me about 12 years ago because it is my daughter's birthday. (She will be 13, but is adopted so I didn't realize it was so special until a few months later.) We celebrate her on V-day and that takes the pressure off my husband and me to celebrate in a very low key way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an expert at looking at pretty things :-) And celebrating your daughter sounds like a wonderful way to spend Vday. Our kids are just the same age...

      Delete
  7. So much crap seems to be going around. Here is hoping you recover quickly.

    That's beautiful. Really beautiful.

    I like the idea of Valentine's Day, I don't like the consumerism of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Not again. Feel better soon!

    The new undies look sexay and beautiful. I hope they fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bra doesn't fit, Susan. What's up with me and the online bra ordering?? Story to come soon.

      Delete
  9. Noooo! You can't be sick again! Well, hopefully the lingerie will arrive, and you'll feel better. At least, that always works for me, lol. Have you guys seen the Wire Width Chart some redditors have created? It's here:

    http://i.imgur.com/2UVzC.png

    It's no surprise the Miss Mandalay Paris bra's wires are too narrow for me. :( :( :(

    If you haven't already, check out reddit.com/r/abrathatfits for some very instructional fit check requests! I've learned way more about how bras suit different breasts than I ever thought possible without working in a lingerie store.

    Cecily of missunderpinnings.com reviewed the Miss Mandalay Amelie recently:

    http://www.missunderpinnings.com/2013/01/full-bust-bra-review-miss-mandalay.html

    Like you, she has small shoulders and a tiny waist. The Amelie looks great on her, as I expect it will on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the links. I did see Cecily's post, which finally cinched it for me. Her shape is not dissimilar to mine, you're right!

      Delete
  10. Oh crap! Not again! Get well soon. Sending healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your poor immune system! :(

    The set looks supremely cute, I hope it fits! Quick question: do you have a favourite page or website that covers bra fitting well? I gots me some edumacating to do.

    I have, as I may have confessed before, a dearth of sexy lingerie. I do enjoy watching from the sidelines, though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the Butterfly Lingerie blog is a very good place to start. Also, check out the links that Anon provides. I don't think they'll be as specifically useful to you as the Butterfly site, but they're interesting and give a perspective on the many challenges women face when trying to determine the elusive bra size.

      Delete
  12. ah, no. hot toddy??

    i used to think of v day as stupid, then one year it seemed every gal on the street had a rose in her mitts. i went straight home and told ruggy he was taking me out to dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sickness shit is really cutting into my drinking habit. :-)

      Delete