Friday, November 8, 2013

A Little Something

Sure, I'm knitting Xmas-style, for a small army, which is why I shouldn't be knitting for myself...

Oh well:

A Simple Sock (my modified pattern) using the irresistible Sweet Georgia Tough Love Sock in Stormchaser
I'm kind of addicted to crazy-colourways of self-patterning yarn. It's all a big adventure.

I know I don't care for homemade socks but, actually, they're very cheerful and warm all winter. And every other pair I've made has been knicked.

I'm at home today as I'm feeling under the weather - and very committed to winning the fight against germs, especially in light of the fact that I'm going to North Carolina next week. Monday is a holiday (for a lucky few, of whom I'm one). This gives me two unexpected days to sit around and knit. Oh, the postman just knocked to deliver a box of chocolates that I ordered online last night at 8 pm?!?! I know it was intra-city shipping, but still.

Can't say I'm complaining...

12 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm going to NC next week! Must be catching ;-)

    I think the chocolate will make you feel better. That and sock knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you going?? I'll be in Charlotte.

      Delete
    2. I'll be in Asheville, way on the other side of the state. Although my flight connects through Charlotte. Have a great time with your mom. I'm going down to see my mom too!

      Delete
  2. Chocolate and sock-knitting -- a combo that's hard to beat! Hope this helps your immune system fight those bugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's meditative with little spikes of blood sugar :-) I realize I should eschew the chocolate for almonds and chicken soup, but really, I want the choc.

      Delete
  3. I love that yarn -- good luck with the trip to North Carolina -- I wish I were going with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! We'll have to meet up in NC one of these days. :-)

      Delete
  4. You know, if you're not careful you'll end up with a drawer full of handknit socks in a crazy array of colours. Not that that's a bad thing at all, just a far cry from where you were at on the whole knitting socks thing a year ago. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a good excuse to learn to knit socks because they're so darn fun. (I just don't like thick socks.) Hope you have a great trip to NC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't much like them either. But they're good to sleep in and they're so fun in crazy colours.

      Delete
  6. Knitting and chocolate...a fine combination. Hope they had the desired effect.

    ReplyDelete