Monday, October 14, 2013

This Was Not Stress Shopping...

This, my friends, was premeditated:

Empreinte Ophelia in Ardoise

And here's a closeup of the cup construction, lace and depth. Lord this thing is gorgeous.
I'm trying to be contrite for having spent so much money on this that it's scandalous. I didn't wait for a sale. I didn't buy from the UK (well, I didn't buy this set from the UK, but I shored it up with an extra thong that my fabulous "importer' friend is going to send to me).

Thing is, I've been waiting since I saw this post, which provided me with this first glimpse (from Curve NY), 8-freakin' months ago:

Photo from here
People, it's navy blue, with undertones of smokey slate. The undies have a shallow ruffle front - totally cute but also restrained. You will be unimpeded in those skinny jeans. The ruffle is repeated on the straps (but again, it isn't puffy so the bra is versatile).

The bra is, frankly, perfection. I don't know how Empreinte sources lace with such delicateness, such sexiness, which somehow still manages to support and lift optimally. One's boobs are front and centre - in no way splayed to the sides so it's a) slimming and b) very complimentary to the deep bust. Oh, and it's comfortable.

As mentioned - and is the case with most Empreinte styles, the shape is deep and suits narrow roots best. If you have a shallow shape and wide placement of the breasts, stay away. If you have projectile boobs, this one's for you. I sense it fits a bust of even fullness best, though slightly top or bottom heavy would be accommodated. If you're at either extreme, the bra may not work. Mind you, it's not particularly closed at the top.

I've decided, since I could technically desist from buying another bra till 2023 (and I'd still have enough to see me through), this will be my only purchase this season. That is, until the next batch of mega-sales when I may be required to do my share of market research.

So, whatcha think?

18 comments:

  1. Perfection. This color is my favorite in all the world and egads ... I can tell by looking at it that this is a bra for the ages. Nice work. I'm guessing this will be $ well-spent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is spectacular. I wonder how to justify the $ given that I have so many of these confections. But I'm not going to dwell :-)

      Delete
  2. I just bought the first Wacoal bra ever for me and can't believe hiow much they cost. But it does fit and nothing else seems to fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Connie, I'm so glad you have found a bra that fits you well! Don't worry about the cost. Feeling gorgeous is more than worth it.

      Delete
  3. Seems like money well spent if it's perfect for your shape and OH so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Empreinte. They're one of the only brands that always, always fits perfectly. And, god, their materials... They're always worth the money, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess, if your shape suits Empreinte's shape, it's a match made in heaven. Really expensive heaven :-)

      Delete
  5. From your description, my shape and Empreinte would also be a good match. Have you added measurement data to Bratabase? I can't find enough good info there to decide on a size. How did your Empreinte size mesh with your Fantasie size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have. But there's barely anything from Empreinte on that site. Obvs the peeps who spend 250 on a bra are not generally the ones who like to add measurement details to an online database :-)

      Fantasie and Empreinte fit SO differently. Empreinte is deeper, in general, and the wires are narrower. The bands are thicker (but not less attractive) on Empreinte. Empreinte straps are also slimmer, or seem to be sleeker. Empreinte gives more lift (with lighter and more delicate fabrics).

      Fantasie, other than the molded cup bra that I talk about incessantly, doesn't fit me well at all. It widens my breasts. It doesn't lift them. The offerings do not give the support I get from Empreinte. They are two different animals.

      Delete
  6. I have one Empreinte bra and it is amazing! I don't wear it a lot as it's bright red but Ithink it's time to get another set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're right about Bratabase users!

    Since I get some lift from Fantasie, and the wires are narrower than many brands, I think Empreinte might be the next step.

    Is your Fantasie band size the same as Empreinte?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a 30 or 32 in Empreinte, depending on the style. In the Ophelia, I took a 32 cuz Empreinte changes wires for every size (doesn't use same wire shape for 30F, 32E, 34DD). Gist is, the Ophelia 30 back fits but the cups are actually a bit small because the wires are shorter and narrower. In Fantasie, I take a 30 except in the molded balconette. That one has a very firm band... In that one I"m a 32.

      Delete
  8. Thanks. That gives me a good starting point.

    ReplyDelete