- It's better to err on the side of buying too much edging lace (even at 12 bucks a yard) because, when you are 4 inches short and your entire fucking project is ruined, it's kind of frustrating. Oh, and you still wasted 12 bucks on lace and 9 bucks on fabric only now you have nothing to show for it.
- Picot edge doesn't mean the bumpy side of the elastic.
- Pulling the elastic taught while sewing is not "clear and simple".
- Lingerie tricot is a fickle bitch and you should cut her.
- If you think you're getting a home made item of clothing from me this Xmas you are HIGH on drugs.
Tomorrow I'm going to figure out how to make one decent slip if I have to go out and spend a mint on lace (ugh) or start from scratch with a woven fabric or, as luck usually dictates, some combination of both.
Did I mention I just went to see New Moon this afternoon with 2 tweeny girls? Honestly the worst movie ever. For what it's worth, I'm not an advocate of abstinence (I know, you're shocked). That's just self-deprivation. Respectful and safe sex at a stage of maturity (certainly the point at which those pale, horrible characters were), natch, but honestly, those two should just fuck and get it over with.
PS: I have really bad PMS and I'm venting. Will return to the love-in with sewing presently.