Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shrug Hug

Here's a little Xmas present from me to all the sewists. It's another free Hot Pattern. I'd like to credit the source but, strangely, I can't seem to figure it out.

This is one of the designs I'm going to try soon - as soon as I find the right material (harder than it seems, I crave a very specific drape).

If anyone out there has tried it, or something similar, do let me know.


  1. I downloaded the pattern, but haven't tried it yet.

  2. I find it so interesting that you're so much into sewing. How nice.


  3. The trick is the material as otherwise it is really hard to achieve. Silk?

  4. I love Brueghel, especially his scenes of banquet debauchery and the blind leading the blind.

    You're sweet to give out a free template chez toi. I got a sewing machine but still haven't set it up. No lies, this thing is crazy complex.
    What are you doing for xmas? I'm wishing you a good one!

  5. Mardel: I made it yesterday (I know, I said sewing was off limits till after Xmas, but I figure, since I made it after everyone was asleep, it doesn't count!) It is TERRIFIC!!! You have to make it soon. PS - Actually not hard (in scheme of things).

    Seeker: Isn't it crazy? :-)

    Kate: See comment above. I used sweater material - I'll show photos soon.

    Lydia: You have to set it up stat! It's so fun - so overwhelming. You're going to love it. Def. download this pattern. Oh, for Xmas, I'm sewing :-)

  6. Oh good glad sweater material worked - blimey ( as we say in London) you've turned into an industrial machine!

  7. Kate: Ha! I'm my own sweatshop :-)