Thursday, December 26, 2013

Polar Opposite

It's really difficult to be winter-depressed in this landscape.

IMPORTANT: In order to see the panoramic view in all of its glory, you'll have to click on the photo...
The photo, above, is a panoramic shot that Scott took with his mobile. What has the world come to when you can take a picture like this with a phone? It's the top of the mountain that my sister and her family live on.

We hiked through the brush to get here. Although you can see a road in the distance, that's road access from the opposite side of the mountain. We can't get there from our side but by ascending through the woods. It's only 200 feet of elevation from the cabin to the top, but man, it's straight up.

Mind you, Scottie wanted to be at the highest point of the highest point, hence this photo:


Can't decide if it's manly or Napoleonic :-)

This is the sky:

People, it's azure.

And here's the weird shot of me, petting a little Xmas tree (they were all over the place and so cute):


I find my crazy-look kind of hilarious (if decidedly not glamorous).

We also discovered an ominous school-bus wreck, said bus, crushed to the ground like a pop-can, brush growing over it, rhododendrons encircling it like a wreath. I wonder how long ago that accident happened. Goes to show, tragedy and beauty live together.

12 comments:

  1. These are some beautiful shots. So glad you got you some sunshine up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! I really needed this sun. Now in airport waiting to go back to TO. I'm a bit worried about the darkness that awaits. But I'll be grateful if the ice is melting...

      Delete
  2. Wow... it's beautiful! Glad you were able to escape from all that dullness of you home city skies to this.
    PS Picture with the little X-mas tree and you is very cute! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know! And thank you :-) I think that pic is crazy - but fun.

      Delete
  3. I love the crazy town shot! Wonderful! I love the winters cape as well. Thanks for posting some great shots. We've got 80 degree weather all week here in SoCal (very unusual) -- so it's hard to get it together to knit for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I could handle some of that weather right about now. We're back in TO and it looks just as it did before we left...

      Delete
  4. nice pics! Scottie looks like he's standing on a whale's nose diving up out of the ground...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what my sister and her husband say about that rock! Hilarious.

      Delete
  5. Lovely shots. And hey, it's sunny here today - woohoo!

    ReplyDelete