Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Very Briefly

I've spent the last 15 hours with the most hideous stomach virus. Lord. I cannot tell you how awful I feel (or how many dozens of times - no exaggeration - I've thrown up since 7pm last night).

As you know, when I get sick, I get very anxious, so this post is a way of keeping me connected to the wider world. I have to assume I'm getting better. 5 hours ago, there's no way I could have lifted my laptop, much less typed. But I have fever and chills and the myofascial pain is through the roof. Dehydration will do that.

Anyway, want to say that my Masquerade Persia set arrived last night. I cannot review it because it is strangely large (I did wonder how this size-up thing was going to pay off). I need to go down a cup size (but not a band size - the band is super comfy) or maybe 2. I'm going to try 1 cup size because the difference between one and 2 cusp sizes can be dramatic. The bottoms, which for some reason I bought in a UK size 16 - when technically I would wear a 12 - are VERY large for size. They fit more like an 18UK, I suspect (not that I've bought an 18 UK, so I'm guessing). The vendor is very accommodating and is holding the set in a smaller size because, as soon as I can leave this bed (aka not today), I will return the one I've received. There's a point to be made that you shouldn't size bras online when you have really bad PMS.

I can say that this set is as beautiful as I'd always hoped it would be - and the materials are very luxe. Much more so than what you would generally get with Freya, Fantasie (and way more luxe than Cleo). It looks, and feels, delightfully high end.

More when I can think straight.

13 comments:

  1. Currently at home with a horrid stomach bug myself. Ugh. Feel the same way about the connection and of course, my email server is down right now. Resorting to FB and Instagram, etc. And waving to you and wishing you a quick return to good health. Sleep, sleep, and more sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I might have read that - forgive me for not commenting with all of my positive vibes - I've been distracted. But nothing like a stomach virus to get you to focus :-) I SO hope you feel well again soon and that your server comes back up. What a torture. PS: Just woke up from 6 hours of daytime sleeping. That never happens to me.

      Delete
    2. That's what I did on Sunday, slept six hours, crazy! And then still slept Sunday night right through, then a 2-hour nap on Monday and slept through last night again.

      Delete
    3. Thing about bugs like these is that you never know how you got them - is it food poisoning (I did eat out twice yesterday)? Is it some kind of noro thing? All I can say is that it's been horrible and I'm disinclined to ever touch anything again. (After pertussis, I didn't touch a door handle at work for 18 months. My friends and co-workers understood that I just couldn't do it and very kindly opened the doors all the time - although they'd also tell me I'm crazy.)

      Delete
    4. Husband got it two days after me -- ideally, he got it in our Vancouver apartment so I didn't have to waste any sympathy (which would have been really tough to muster up close, seriously). My students come to my office and then tell me they've been home sick all day but wanted to come in to see me (yay! office is all of 8x10, where are the bugs gonna go?!). . . I've been super fortunate for well over a year. After your extended stint with whooping cough, I'd be righteously paranoid (erm, careful). Are you feeling better today? hope so. Suspect I'll head to campus tomorrow. . .

      Delete
  2. Oh honey. It's one thing after another. I do hope you're feeling better soon. And I'm glad you've got luxurious goodies to sustain you. Feel well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess I could say the same to you - but aren't we both troopers. Good thing is I've got so many parcels in the post, there are fun things on their way to liven my spirits.

      Delete
  3. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, though I still feel horrendous, I feel so much better than I did 10 hours ago - I'll take that as a good sign.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry you're sick! I know quite a few people all over N. America who have stomach viruses and/or bad colds. I hope you recover quickly! Wish I could bring you over some chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie. I know that it's really been going around here. My kid came home from a school trip to Mtl and NYC and some of the kids got a stomach virus. She didn't, interestingly enough, but within 48 hours of her return, I have this. Of course, I could have got it anywhere.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! All back to normal, but what a rough ride that was...

      Delete