The whimsical bras are calling to me.
I feel it's wrong to review one favourite brand (Cleo By Panache) without giving equal attention to Empreinte, my other love. So, in an act of sombre public service, I purchased this:
Here's the thing: Empreinte does but one thing suboptimally, and that is pricing. Otherwise, there's nothing but hysterical praise for this new set.
- Really, I could wear this thing for 15 hours and it would still be comfortable...
- The lift and shape are unparalleled. It's slightly less front and centre than Cleo offerings, but so natural and high. In terms of support, there is no brand that can compare. If you have heavy breasts, no problem. They'll look like clouds in this bra!
- Where Cleo falls down (in strap width/comfort/strength and band width), Empreinte excels. The bra has 3 hooks and eyes, so the band is firm and comfortable without having to be tight in any way. The straps are invisibly padded under the fabric. They don't look thick, but they are firm and soft.
- The materials are gorgeous. This style is very "fun" by Empreinte standards. It isn't laden with lace and sensuous, dark motifs. But that lace is still beautifully soft while being ridiculously strong. The checked fabric is silken and delicate. On this topic, I still have no idea how this brand manages to get the softest, most delicate fabrics to act like a tank.
- The undies (I got the thong) are adorable with off-centre buttons. They are seriously well-fitting and sexy, while still being cute!
- You might think the fabric looks a bit picnic-basket, but - I swear - it's not like that! The background colour is cream with pink undertones and the check is blush (for want of a better word). The added lace (in perfect proportion) makes this very feminine, but not "youthful" in the Cleo way. What I mean is, no worries about looking like part of the teen set.
Anyway, go get yourself an Ophelia while you still can. Seriously.
So, thoughts and feelings about this set? Would you wear it? Do you like it? Let's talk!
*Today is going to be sunny and 15C - woohoo!!!!!!!