Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fixing a Wavy Invisible Zipper (On a Bias Cut Garment)

OK, peeps, my crafting posse has once again come to the rescue and advised about how one deals with the abject horror of an invisible zip, on a bias cut garment, that waves and bubbles like a bitch.

You must see the comments in this post. Some serious sewists weigh in and for that I thank them all.

Then check out this great Threads article (thanks Marina).

Then check out Sunni's awesome post that I should have read - in fact I'm sure I did read - yet somehow my brain completely glossed over it. Hmmmm...

I'm going to give this zip another go. Like tomorrow. After I've had a chance to drown my sorrows a bit. That would be with booze.

Remember, if you've just experienced this zipper malfunction, don't panic! We're gonna be alright. Especially if we drink.

6 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, I like the way you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for highlighting this. I've bookmarked Sunni's article for future reference. I did the best invisible zipper today - it's somehow all falling into place now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G: What can I say, I've got some good ideas :-)

    Katy: Oh, that's wonderful! I hope I can say the same thing tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got this figured out, I'd have contributed something earlier, but I've never put a zipper in on the bias....and to be honest, I can't remember actually ever sewing anything on the bias....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping I have a great end result to show you soon xo

      Delete