Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Empire State of Mind

I have a very exciting weekend planned in NYC (which I'm trying not to exploit too hideously by telling y'all about it every 3 seconds. I've left that joy for the people I work with. Really, they love me right now.) I'm very hopeful that everything will conspire to produce a fabulous travel experience full of fun, fashion and friends. Oooh, I'm down with those F's, people!

To commemorate the experience make things that much clearer, I bought an iPhone today. Yes, I've been considering it aimlessly for 2 years, but now it is done and I'm really quite enamored (like the other 2 billion of you). I also shelled for the hideously expensive roaming plan, so that I can communicate with everyone - far and wide - over the course of my travels. And download maps. Oh, and so I can blog, presumably.

Thing is, I don't know if I would be better to have one of those analogue holidays - the kind that you don't upload photos of on the spot, the kind where you sit at the bar and have fascinating conversations with strangers rather than typing between bites. Who can say?

What I do know is that I will regale you with stories on the flip-side - if not sooner. So check on by when you think about it. One thing you can bet on: I will be having a martini at the Jade Bar just for you. xo

18 comments:

  1. Hope you have a marvellous time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear about your trip, but don't type between bites, and enjoy your martini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just don't blow your daughter's college fund on fabric, OK? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, jealous! I mean, happy for you and can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy: Me too!

    Susan: I promise to!

    CGC: Oh, how well you know me...

    mater: Well, it won't be warm like SF - but it may well be warmer than here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, have fun! Unplug if you can so you can soak it all in. And oh, the fabric shopping you'll do - lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooohhhhh! Have fun! Please take lots of pictures of the pretty, pretty fabric :) I wonder if there's a shop that has great bra fabric and notions?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I predict a fabulous weekend complete with all kind of glamorous encounters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm both jealous (about the Jade Bar and many other things) and all giddy and eager to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let me know when you have Grace App on it- use it to order a Martini when you are too drunk to talk xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tasia: I know! I'm looking forward to Mood!

    Carla: Oh, there you go adding to my list of things!

    Peter: Are you psychic, or what??

    Mardel: We're going to have such fun. Email to follow tomorrow.

    Lisa: I had the Grace app on the phone and then I did something that seems to have removed it (but in truth, I don't know). I need to plug in my phone to my iTunes again and synch, I think. Oh, the learning curve...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gutted I couldn't stay. It would have been really nice to finally meet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a fantastic time! I wish I had been able to make the trip too. Maybe next time. Please tell us al about it when you get back.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm enjoying your tweets!! Make sure you do Balthazar!! (for me) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a resident of NYC and an iPhone app developer, both are absolutely awesome! Have fun in your travels, and don't forget to check out the garment district while you're here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aja: Next time we'll make a proper date.

    Bel: You would have loved it - not that Vegas isn't also fabulous...

    Kate: I did it! It was great!

    Janice: I did check it out but alas it was on Sunday when most everything was closed. Next time I'll be sure to go on a weekday.

    ReplyDelete