Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's All Academic!

Perhaps you know that I went out for lunch and a bit of shopping with one of the loveliest academics in the land. Who recently got married. And has come to Canada to party with family.

R goes by the sassy code name La Historiadora de Moda on her intelligent and lively collaborative blog Fashionable Academics. And she's such a fun date. We went to the bar at the Windsor Arms (which we had all to ourselves) and drank some great Ripasso while eating well-presented, yummy hotel food. It was SO my kind of afternoon.

Afterward, we did some shopping and R got fantastic loot. I shouldn't give it away, but I have to dish a little. (I mean, you don't love me for my self control!) Of course, I'm sure she'll fill you in on the details of her new great gloves, great pants (seriously great), great sweater and great top. Suffice it to say it is all very fashionable and maybe even a little bit academic :-)

I conclude that she is optimally Kristin-shopping-compatible (TM): She knows what she likes, when it looks right, and just like that she closes the deal.

PS: Alas, no photos. By the time we thought of it, I was too wan for the camera. But trust me, she looks as cute in real life as she does in her pics...

5 comments:

  1. Rats!! Would love to see photos of your wonderful outing.
    Sorry I have been MIA. It has been a week and a half, I can tell you.
    Happy to be back here and see you out and about.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Kristin! I feel so honored that you consider me Kristin-shopping-compatible (TM)! :) The wine, food, and company were all delightful. I can't wait to do it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see your making up for lost time on the happiness front! I peek in regularly at the FA blog to see what my younger colleagues are academic-ing in, and it's fun to see the degrees of connection narrowing here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "you're" making up -- damn it! why do I only (ha!) make grammatical errors (it's actually more a typo, really, right?) when I'm touting my academic self -- way to look good, English prof!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracey: I'm thinking of you and I hope that balance restores itself soon. xoxo

    R: Definitely!

    F: I wondered if you read FA. There are a lot of fashion-forward profs, apparently! And that contraction always gets me - as does it's/its...

    ReplyDelete