Sunday, March 6, 2016

Finished Object: Karner Wrap

Talk about a long time coming:




The Karner Wrap is, regrettably, not as long as I'd hoped it would be though I used 99g of the 100g ball. And it's not like I had an iota of impulse to keep going. That skein was ENDLESS, like, way more endless (and less enjoyable) than those mystery glasses of wine you sometimes get that seem never to diminish in volume despite continuous sipping.

It's an airy, cotton/bamboo blend. The colour is spectacular (graphite meets indigo). It'll be warm (but not wintery) through all seasons. I'm sure it will get comments just by virtue of its unique textile. But there is no way I will knit with Abrazos again. Dental floss. It ain't my thing.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! You know, you too can make it :-) Let's just say that there will be NO ripping this one back, regardless of whether I wear it or not (and I will wear it). Nor do I have the stomach to give it away. Some things are so painful that you have to keep them as war medals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Nor do I have the stomach to give it away. Some things are so painful that you have to keep them as war medals."

    LOL! I agree with materfamilias the wrap looks beautiful. I hope you get a lot of wear out of it. This post, incidentally, does nothing to convince me to take up knitting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I know - it's not one of those heartwarming knitting posts :-)

      Delete
  3. That texture is indeed pretty - I'd totally stop and tell you how pretty it was if I were a stranger in a cafe. To bad it was a dud to work with...

    ReplyDelete