Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I Got A Parcel!!

I can scarcely believe my good fortune when it comes to friends. Look at what I arrived home to last evening (after a really long day):


Evie knows how I LOVE the UK snack food and she didn't hold back on her birthday gift to me. You can't even see all of the amazeballs stuff:
  • Skips (prawn-flavoured weird textured, styrofoamy chips that I love beyond belief)
  • Twiglets. Gluten-freeness can eff-off. These things are delicious (and maybe even vaguely healthful, though that's not why they've been on my top 5 list of chips, like, forevah (since I lived in England as a teenager).
  • Chocolate eclairs - which made with awesome English chocolate (wait - the package says "Made with Belgian Chocolate"?!) - are terrific. Ask me how I know.
  • That's a salted-choclate Galaxy bar, peeps. Um, who's been into the salted chocolate since the freakin' 80s?
  • There's a UK-version Dairy Milk. The Canadian ones are a PALE comparison to the quality of these.
  • Finally there's an awesome box of herbal tea. It's fantastic and made of one of my fave flavour combos on the planet: black currant and licorice. Seriously, find something made with these 2 things and eat it. You will be powerless against it's deliciousness.
I am totally hiding this from my kid.

(Thank you Evie!!! Edible gifts really are the best. xoxoxo)

8 comments:

  1. I'm just mightily relieved that it all arrived in one piece! I wasn't entirely sure that would be the case. Tell The Kid to keep her mitts off! This is all for you. Enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it arrived so perfectly! The kid did find the eclairs recently, but I freaked on her and she's been schooled :-)

      Delete
  2. My personal addiction gained my 3 years of living in Englad: McVities Milk Chocolate HobNobs. The magic doesn't happen until they're dunked in a warm beverage, and then....crumbly buttery, Katy choccy goodness. I've spent the last 25 years locating a source my fix in each new location.

    I used to drive over the border to Vancouver London Drugs, but here in Alaska I was forced to Amazon them - which is still wonderful, not like the 00s when it was a treasure hunt. And then, one magical day 3 months ago: bam. They're here in the local grocery. Maybe those 237 customer request cards finally had an effect. Or more Brits moved to the island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the HobNobs! The ones we can find in Toronto are just not the same so I'm intrigued that you have got the real deal in Alaska.

      Delete
  3. Sadly, US Dairy Milk is even worse than Canada's. Hope you enjoy feasting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that but I find it hard to believe. Canadian Dairy Milk is a sad excuse for chocolate.

      Delete
  4. I don't even want to think about the weight I gained living in London. ;) Lois K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lois - I hear you. I share that perspective...

      Delete