Saturday, May 23, 2015

What's Up This Weekend?

At noon, I'm off to my local distributer to get batches of organic oils. This is always a trip and a half (Portlandia, peeps). Then, it's back home to make new Deodorant B, a couple of orders (thank you orderers!!), some new labels and some lip balm.

I've got to up my shipping game, so I'm researching the best mailer boxes I can find - in the smallest sizes to keep shipping low. This may increase shipping by a couple of dollars, but I think the end user experience will justify it. And on this topic, do you have any idea of how much kraft paper you can buy in bulk?! It's insane. And I'm also considering the best kind of bubble wrap.

Then, at 4, my friend, a graphic designer, is coming over to discuss thermal, water-resistant labels and what it's going to take to get me there. Natch, we're doing this with booze in the back garden.

Honestly, when I look at the list of things to figure out against the list of things completed, it's scarily inequitable. But there's nothing like crossing new things off a list to keep me motivated.

What's up with you this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Going to visit a local estate garden for the first time. Your weekend sounds splendid. I'd love to design some labels:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't say it unless you mean it! You could end up being my vendor of record :-)

      Delete
  2. Now that I finished my Saturday long run, it's tea and The Globe before garden, garden, and garden. Finishing a Donna Leon mystery. Some puttering. It's all SO good! Especially in the light of Ireland's news which makes everything just sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are FAR more motivated to exercise than I am this weekend. I'm going to haul my ass into the sewga room for 45 minutes - but I really just want to sit outside. I'm very heartened, natch, by the results of the referendum. But seriously, last night I was saying to Scott - this shouldn't be the subject of a referendum. We shouldn't have to spend unnecessary (scarce) public funds to legally authorize something that is a nonstarter. Marry who you will. I can't believe that, in this day and age, anybody cares! But then I'm from TO. We big on all the marriage here.

      Delete
  3. Um, meant "we're big on all the marriage here". Spelling much?

    ReplyDelete