Sunday, September 28, 2014

And There's Knitting Too...

I'm making progress with my second version of the Indicum pullover.

I wish I'd noticed that patch of light when I was photographing this...
It looks very straight though there's a differential of 2 inches between the bust, waist and hips. The thing is that this yarn is SO spongy that it obscures it. I actually think that Quince Finch might be too spongy and a bit robust for this sweater - though I'm reserving judgement till this is made and blocked. Pre-blocking, it feels a bit like it's wearing me.

Then, there's the matter that I really just don't know my thoughts on corrugated rib (the kind of 2-toned ribbing at the hem and neck. It's weird and, while I know it will block flat, it does like to roll (which drives me nuts). I know I've said this before. I think I may be erring towards not liking it (even though it does make for some cool colourwork).

The yarn, I've come to realize is a very pink version of brown, which is why the pink accents are great. But I don't know if I like the tone.

Hmmm... It's not looking good for this one at the moment. Wish us both luck :-)

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh, the suspense builds! I hope it makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before and before and before, I know, but I do not like corrugated rib. Don't like knitting it and not sure if I like its (relative) inflexibility. It does have a cool effect -- I quite like it against the otherwise plain Indicum. But better you knitting it that me . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I'm not a big fan of corrugated rib, but I'm contrary like that. This colour is lovely. I'm sure it'll make it...you've beaten lesser knits into submission before. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Well then, we're both contrary - as is Frances!

      Delete
    2. Knit-contrarians! Think there's a t-shirt there?

      Delete
    3. We can use intarsia to write the words in a contrast colour!

      Delete
  4. Oh no - I hope it works out. At a glance my very first thought was how great the neck and hem looked. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T! It does look better since I finished one of the sleeves and did a bit of a fancy thing. Stay tuned.

      Delete