- She really wanted it.
- It didn't fit me (too big in sleeves but the sweater part - below the shrug - wasn't wide enough to accommodate my chest. Should have done longer short rows, I guess. Good lesson.)
- I don't like it.
- It looks chic on her lanky frame.
See that gape at the back shoulder? It does the same thing on me and on other photos I've seen. Don't love sleeves that can't fit because the drafting doesn't allow for it. I realize it's probably "the look".
Do you see the hideous bag in that sleeve? I knit it so tightly it was ridiculous and yet the ribbing looks like crap.
Some things to note:
- I don't like what silk does to the drape (at least with this yarn in this proportion of 20%).
- If you decide to make this, though I don't recommend it, and you are busty, extend the short rows where the sweater body is knit down from the shrug ribbing.
- Feel free to throw Chloe & Spud fine sock yarn in the washer and dryer. No felting. But also no shrinking. In fact, I think the weave opens up still further in the dryer. (Note: I was using a larger gauge of needle than one would for socks.)