Mardel and SKM, particularly, have invested time, care and photo essays?! to ameliorate the tough times. I can't wait for a day when I might help a novice sewist to understand her first projects. Seriously, with this hobby, I've received so much goodwill that I must pass it on.
Here are some daily reads, which offer me insight, new techniques, resources and community. If you sew / are interested in the art - newbie or veteran - these sites are terrific.
- Sew Distracted - the thoughtful sewist
- Super Kawaii Mama - the sassy sewist meets sassy pinup and sassy mum
- Erica B's DIY Style - incredible, advanced sewist, incredibly chic results
- Gertie's Blog for Better Sewing - a MUST for lovers of vintage, Gretchen does vlog tutorials
- Angry Chicken - gets award for blog name that would least make you think of sewing!
- Sew I Do / Very Purple Person - this woman is so creative and her son is a doll...
- Fashion Incubator - the original blog about sustainable manufacturing and behind the scenes of the biz (This woman kind of freaks me out!)
- Gigi Sews -real person, real sewing
- Threads Magazine - speaks for itself
- L'il Miss Muffett - lingerie-seamstress extraordinaire (I am so interested in that!)
- Male Pattern Boldness - this guy's talent blows my mind...
- The Selfish Seamstress - selfish never looked so stylish
PS: I intend to add to a new blog roll together for sewing blogs specifically. I just haven't had 5 minutes to get to it, but pls. stay tuned.