But while you remain a mystery (are you even out there?), I am a known commodity. I'm that somewhat small (sure as hell not tall), rather curvy (which is to say I have actual breasts), pixie-shorn (I'm going for gamine) fashion-fixated populist. Somewhere within me, a features editor melded with a stylist and a talkshow host is just bursting to have a little cyber walk-in closet of her own.
A few housekeeping details so you'll know, in broad strokes, where I'm coming from:
- I'm an urban professional whose office culture, while generally bland, is open to expressions of (not inappropriate) sartorial creativity - at least that's what I tell myself...
- I walk to work - I walk everywhere in my urban landscape - and I live in Canada. We are no strangers here to extremes in temperature and hideous weather.
- In light of this, fortunately, I am a pragmatist.
- I believe in mixing slim, well-tailored basics with luxe splurges i.e. the Club Monaco merino wool turtleneck with Genetic skinny-jeans.
- My lingerie always matches and I spend the requisite fortune on beautiful pieces which actually support breasts.
- I am a working mother with a mortgage, after all - 90% of the time I buy on sale, which is how I score beautiful things on a budget.
Needless to say I take the whole style thing very seriously, or I wouldn't be embarking on this new adventure. But I also feel that style is a whimsical expression of our inner selves, a small, significant way to bring art into our own lives and the lives of those with whom we interact every day.
Lovely to meet you. K